The Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G will be headed to Canada
In my first post related to Samsung in a while, I am happy to confirm that we will be receiving the S21 FE 5G when it launches later this year. This should reassure prospective buyers that have heard from somewhere that this particular model was not only delayed, but also has had its launch markets reduced in the wake of the ongoing semiconductor shortage plaguing the whole of the tech industry.
If you would like to know what to expect from the second of the FEs (barring the single Note FE), then here is what we know based on leaks and rumours:
- 4 colours will be available. Outside the classic monochrome choices, we have green and violet.
- Snapdragon 888 or Exynos 2100, it will have a high-end processor for sure. We are not sure of which one exactly but either will be just fine.
- The 120Hz FHD+ display is here to stay, though it appears adaptive refresh rates are not there yet.
- 6 or 8GBs of RAM, with 128 or 256GB of storage.
- NO MicroSDXC EXPANSION SLOT. There's a bit of conflictual information on that subject , where the US manual says there is none. If that is true, then it is a very lousy move, especially on what is a device meant to offer the best for less.
- Identical camera setup. As we've discussed on our S20 FE 5G review, these sensors are not bad at all.
Should it be priced even 200$ less than the base S21, there will be little to no reason for the latter to exist. Had Samsung kept the high resolution panels and glass backs on all its flagships, it would have been another story. There will also be the minor matter of evaluating whether the S20 FE would be a better purchase than its successor. To be continued...